The Garza Law Firm

Hablamos Español

Notice: Due to COVID-19, we will be conducting consultations in person, through Zoom, or via teleconference. Please do not hesitate to call us if you have questions. Request a meeting by phone at 361-248-5753 or by email at [email protected].

Protecting Your Interests In Family Court

The decisions you make during a divorce or other family law case can affect you for many years. To protect your future, it’s important to seek legal advice before you do anything you might regret later.

At The Garza Law Firm in Corpus Christi, Texas, we offer a initial consultation so you can discuss your case with an experienced family law attorney. Call 361-248-5753 to schedule a consultation with attorney Veronica Garza.

The following are examples of the types of family law cases we handle:

  • Divorce: When you get divorced, you and your spouse will need to work your way through a number of issues, such as community property division and determining whether one party will be required to pay spousal maintenance to the other.
  • Child custody: Many people are confused by the legal terms for child custody in Texas, such as managing conservator, possessory conservator, joint conservator and sole conservator. Ms. Garza will help you focus on your goals, such as protecting the best interests of your children.
  • Child support: Child support can be a significant part of your budget after divorce. We’ll make sure that it is calculated accurately.
  • Modifications: Both child custody and child support can be modified after your divorce if your circumstances change.
  • Enforcement: If your ex repeatedly refuses to comply with a child support or visitation order, we can enforce your rights. If your ex refuses to comply with a court order, he or she can be held in contempt and fined or jailed.
  • Adoption: We handle family adoptions, such as stepparent adoption, grandparent adoption, relative adoption and adoption by foster parents.

Get answers to your family law questions:

Do I need a lawyer to get divorced?

Can I reduce child support if I lose my job?

Schedule A Family Law Consultation

To discuss your family law concerns with attorney Veronica Garza, call 361-248-5753 or complete our simple contact form. We offer evening and weekend appointments.