Experience, Passion And Compassion.

  1. Home
  2.  » Criminal Defense

Aggressive Criminal Defense Representation

When you face a criminal charge like DUI, assault, drug possession or any other offense, you may think the best solution is pleading guilty and paying your fine. Unfortunately, what is easy now can make your life much more difficult later. All criminal charges create risk, and if you have any prior convictions, a new charge creates a very great risk for your future.

At The Garza Law Firm, I’m attorney Veronica Garza, and I provide an aggressive defense to any criminal charge. Resolving a criminal charge is complex and stressful and you don’t want to try it on your own. You need an experienced criminal defense attorney to deal with this process. In a criminal case, without an attorney on your side, you are an amateur facing a courtroom of professionals, all of whom want you convicted.

Protecting Your Interests

I work to resolve your criminal charges without a conviction, especially if you are a first-time offender. When possible, I work to have your charges dismissed or reduced. I handle a wide range of criminal charges in Texas, including:

  • DUI/DWI charges
  • Possession of illegal drugs such as marijuana, cocaine and heroin
  • Possession of prescription drugs without a prescription
  • Assault
  • Theft and shoplifting
  • Robbery
  • Burglary
  • Terroristic threats
  • Sex offenses

For DUI/DWI charges, you may be eligible for pretrial diversion and avoid the criminal charge.

Don’t Let A Poor Decision Become A Permanent Record

Anyone can make a poor decision. I may be able to keep a poor decision from becoming a permanent criminal record. Here are some examples of how pleading guilty to a criminal charge can come back to haunt you:

  • If you are an immigrant, pleading guilty to certain crimes could result in you being deported.
  • If you are a college student, pleading guilty to any crime would make it harder to get a good job in the future. Every time you apply for a job, you would have to disclose your criminal record.
  • If you have a professional job, pleading guilty could result in loss of your career and your reputation.

Can I Clear My Criminal Record?

If you have a past arrest or conviction that is causing problems in your life today, attorney Veronica Garza may be able to help. One of two options may be available to you:

  • Expunction: If your criminal case was resolved through pretrial diversion or a not-guilty verdict, your arrest records can be cleared through an expunction. Following an expunction, you can answer “no” on an employment application if you are asked if you were ever arrested.
  • Nondisclosure: If your case is resolved through probation (known as deferred adjudication), nondisclosure would make your record visible only to law enforcement and educational institutions.

Schedule A Consultation About Criminal Charges

To discuss criminal charges with lawyer Veronica Garza, call 361-579-1042 or complete our simple contact form. We offer evening and weekend appointments. Hablamos español.